PUBLIC AND MEDIA RELATIONS ● COMMUNICATIONS ● MULTI-MEDIA
SPORTS, OUTDOORS, TRAVEL, HEALTH AND FITNESS
EXTENSIVE TRAVEL EXPERIENCE
Experienced PR, Media Relations, Marketing and Communications professional. Excels at developing, implementing and executing media, sales and marketing strategies and initiatives. Superb communication and presentation skills. Energetic, creative, self-sufficient, and determined, with a strong work ethic. Adept at transforming capabilities into viable business solutions. Analytical and discerning with a big-picture focus.
• Possesses current contact list of Sports and Media Professionals and Athletes.
Media Relations Avid Traveler
Writing & Editing
Talented Public Speaker Multi-Media Communicator Project Management
Branding Expert Social Media Conflict Management
Event Planning Presentation Skills Sales & Marketing
• Contributor to www.travelhappymom.com.
• Event host and emcee for American Cancer Society Taste of Hope and Hope Invitational Golf Tournament.
• Avid sports fan and former competitive turned recreational athlete.
• 9 Handicap Golfer.
FREELANCE BROADCAST TALENT, Denver, CO (1994 to Present)
Professional broadcaster and multi-media sports personality. Selected to broadcast games, provide color commentary and interview professional athletes across a wide range of sports.
Play-by-Play, Color Analysis, TV & Radio-Streaming Correspondent and Studio Host:
• Lead Play-by-Play and Color Analyst for NBA TV, NBA Digital, NBA Summer League, NBA D-League.
• Play-by-Play voice of ISPN/CET Sports Denver, KEPN ESPN Radio, The Mountain West Conference, University of Denver Lacrosse, Mile High Grizzlies Football, Nevada Sports Network, Metro Sports Communications, Marcus Cable Sports, and the Texas State Network.
• Denver correspondent for Sporting News Radio, ESPN Radio, and Fox Sports Radio covering pro and college sports in Dallas and Denver.
• Studio host of University of Denver Hockey TV, UNT Football Mean Green Radio Network, and Comcast Fan
• On Demand.
• Assistant Producer at KDFW Fox 4 and KTVT CBS 11 in Dallas/Fort Worth market.
• Morning show host at www.denversportsradio.com.
RADIO PERSONALITY, Denver, Dallas & Las Vegas (1996 to 2011)
Launched an independent start-up radio station and hosted the top-rated early morning sports radio program in
Denver. Created audio, website, and promotional branding tools and hosted, anchored, reported, produced, and booked interview guests.
• Built and cultivated strong relationships with the Denver Nuggets and University of Denver hosting weekly radio coach shows for George Karl, Jeff Bzdelik, and George Gwozdecky.
• Broke multiple news stories involving the Denver Broncos, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rockies, and the University of Colorado Buffaloes.
• Worked closely with sponsors to plan events and execute promotional appearances with over 3K attendees.
DIRECTOR OF BROADCASTING & MEDIA RELATIONS, Broomfield Sports, Broomfield, CO (2006 to 2009)
Wrote, created and managed print production for press releases, game stories, media guides, and game programs expansion team and NBA Development League. Built and maintained strong relationships with Denver, Boulder, and national media while coordinating game credentials, practice availability, press conferences, interviews, appearances, and golf tournament for professional athletes and celebrities.
• Earned "call up" to NBA TV as lead Play-by-Play voice of the NBA D-League Playoffs, Finals, and NBA Summer League.
• Organized high profile press conference for sensitive incident during construction.
• Conducted crisis management for Bonnie Raitt opening night concert gala. Initiative included internal, external, and crisis communications.
• Developed website upgrades and assisted in creating applications for The Broomfield Event Center.
• Created media marketing strategies for the Colorado 14ers in the NBA Development League from an expansion franchise to a league champion over the course of 3 seasons.
• Designed and implemented strategic business plan to negotiate broadcast rights, imaging and branding for the NBA D-League affiliate team of the Denver Nuggets, Toronto Raptors, and New Jersey Nets.
• Increased consumer awareness and achieved sales targets by creating and publicizing the Colorado 14ers Basketball Club brand through multi-media campaign.
SPORTS SUPERVISOR, Parker, CO (2013 to Present)
Supervise referees, officials, and volunteers during recreational sports activities.
• Initiates all games, activities, and programs at Parker Field House and O'Brien Park.
• Manages all decisions regarding scheduling, crowd control, inclement weather, score keeping, record keeping, rules and regulations.
Bachelor of Arts: Radio/TV/Film, University of North Texas - Denton, TX
Host and Emcee, American Cancer Society, Taste of Hope and Hope Invitational Golf Tournament.